There might appear a situation where you need to write a motivation letter for employee for appreciation, encouragement or to inform them to do better in the projects if their performance is not up to mark. This is a way to communicate with workers/employees to ensure good performance.
- Motivation Letter for University
- Motivation Letter for PhD
- Motivation Letter for Internship
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship
In this article we will guide you on writing an encouragement or motivation letter for employees.
How to write a Motivation Letter for an Employee ?
If you want to reach out to your employees for keeping their performance in check , then motivation letter is the best way to do it and it will even create a sense of encouragement to do more hard work for their projects.
Dos and Don’ts :
- Don’t sound bossy and throw away orders in the letter or email.
- Start the letter on a good note with a comparison to their previous performances.
- Mention their qualities and encourage them to do better which will show that you care about your team.
- Mention rewards if you are willing to give for appreciating your employees.
Sample Employee Motivation Letter with Example
We have provided a sample email as well as a sample letter for motivational letters for employees which will encourage them to do better in their job.
Motivation Letter for an Employee
Date: 15 June 2014
I have come across the fact that your performance from the last two months is not upto the marks. It was a bit lower than your previous performances and the target which you were supposed to complete. You have always performed well and received incentives for the projects assigned to you. But considering your performance from the last three months I would suggest you to identify the problems you are facing and act upon the issues accordingly.
You can seek help of counsellor if you need any personal or professional help which are hindering your performance. You have been a valuable employee for our firm and I want my employees to be happy and giving there best performance. I hope you will get over the issues soon.
Sample Motivation Email for Employees
From : firstname.lastname@example.org
To : email@example.com
Subject: Employee Motivation Letter
Dear Ravi Kumar,
I hope that this e-mail finds you well. Today I am writing this letter to inform you that we are highly impressed by your performance for the current project. Your hard work and sincerity is speaking volumes. For the effort and outcomes which you have brought to the project, you have gained a bonus for the next two months. You are an asset to our firm and your teamwork and dedication towards projects are tremendous. We would also like to assign you as the lead for the next project, I hope we will see the remarkable performance in it as well. We wish you all the best for the future and hope that you will keep working this hard and reach at top levels at our firm.
Motivation Letter and Email for Employees in PDF and Word Format
Motivation Letter for Employees in PDF Format
Motivation Letter for Employees in Word Format
- Motivation letters were written should encourage employees to do well.
- Draft your letter, include positive points about the employee and area which needs improvements (if any).
- If you are appreciating mention rewards if you are planning to reward the employee.
- Attach performance report for encouragement email or letter.
- Use Canva templates for beautiful-looking letters.